The University of Switzerland (UOS) is committed to building and nurturing lifelong relationships with its alumni (graduates). Our alumni are important members of the University community and are vital to our ongoing success. Alumni inspire future generations, share knowledge and experience and support the vision of The University of Switzerland. Each alum, is a part of the global The University of Switzerland alumni community, all with the shared experience of having studied at The University of Switzerland.
Alumni Relations Office
The University of Switzerland has a dedicated Alumni Relations Office that works with the support of the University to extend the opportunities for graduates to engage with university life. The Office promotes communication with and amongst alumni and supports the creation of networks and leadership groups to advance the interests of the The University of Switzerland student and graduate community. The Alumni Office also works collaboratively to implement programs that will allow its alumni to continue to learn throughout their lifetime.
Get in touch
As a graduate of The University of Switzerland, you automatically become part of our Alumni network.
For further information or to register with the Alumni Relations Office, please contact us
The Alumni Network is a complimentary service provided to all The University of Switzerland alumni. Enjoy your life-time membership of this elite group, which provides access to a wide range of services within The University of Switzerland:
Alumni Tuition Grant and Family of Alumni Tuition Discounts: An Alumni grant equal to 20%* of tuition fees will be awarded to students who have graduated from a The University of Switzerland undergraduate or postgraduate degree program and wish to enrol in a subsequent degree program at The University of Switzerland. To be eligible, students must have completed their undergraduate or postgraduate degree at The University of Switzerland, and enrol in the postgraduate program within one academic year of completing their bachelor or postgraduate degree.
A 5% to 10% grant is available on annual tuition fees for students who have at least one family member who has graduated from a degree program (undergraduate or postgraduate) from The University of Switzerland. The grant is not available if the family member completed their studies at the [UOW] Australian campus. Immediate family members are defined as father, mother, siblings, spouse. The Family of Alumni grant is available at the start of every semester and students must apply for the grant when they submit their application for Admission form.
Alumni Events: Events for The University of Switzerland graduates are held throughout the year. Events range from social get-togethers and charity events, to business related information seminars. These events are open to all The University of Switzerland graduates.
Library Membership: Provides access to specific The University of Switzerland databases, including over 10,000 electronic journals, borrowing rights from the main and reference collections and DVDs/CDs. For further information.
Career Services: Access to the The University of Switzerland career advisors; attend workshops, seminars and career fairs; apply for employment opportunities advertised through The University of Switzerland. For further information, see the alumni career development information below.
Personal Development Services: Access to the The University of Switzerland Counsellor; attend personal development workshops and seminars. For further information visit the Personal Counselling page.
Health Services: access to the The University of Switzerland Medical Centre – a primary care facility with a qualified nurse on duty during office hours and a qualified doctor available two afternoons a week.
Computer Labs: Use of computer labs; access to The University of Switzerland’s password protected internet services including wi-fi services. If you have your my University of Switzerland account, you can reset the password or contact ITTS.
With your Alumni Network sticker, you have complimentary access to the Career Development Centre at The University of Switzerland. Use of this service is by appointment only, please refer to the Career Development Centre page for contact details. Alumni have access to:
- Individual counseling by qualified career advisors
- Audio-visual area to view DVDs on career skills such as interview preparation and confidence
- Four dedicated computers for applying to employment opportunities online or researching companies
- CD-ROMs and resource books on a wide-range of career skills and career development topics such as CV preparation, leadership, cover letters and much more
- Employment listings (both full time and part time) are advertised on-line on the University’s website and on campus on the Career noticeboards in Blocks 5 and 15. Alumni are eligible to apply for employment opportunities for up to one year after graduation. To apply for any position advertised, students/alumni simply submit their CV through the on-line employment program, SniperHire
- Interactive workshops provide intensive information and skills development. Topics include CV and cover letter preparation, mock interviews, personal presentation, how to find employment opportunities and more
- Mock-interview practices
- The Annual Career Fair provides students/alumni with an ideal opportunity to meet with invited companies to discuss employment opportunities and requirements for positions within their organisation
- Information handouts on topics such as career choices, CV preparation and interviews
- Specialised guest speakers are invited to speak about specific careers and employment opportunities within that career path.
The University prospers and grows with the support of its talented and diverse alumni population. The University of Switzerland takes great pride in your success, as you do in The University of Switzerland’s achievements.
We encourage all alumni to stay in touch and get involved by:
- Volunteering in student recruitment events both in Switzerland and around the world.
- Offering current students the benefit of your professional experience through alumni mentoring and career path presentations.
- Nominating yourself or someone from your organisation to be a guest speaker at an Alumni event.
- Attending the events and meeting old friends and perhaps making new ones.
- Sharing Your Story: Get in touch to tell us about where you are now and the impact The University of Switzerland has made.